question 27" 1920x1080 monitor recommendation

Stereodude

Not really a
Anyone have any recommendation for a relatively low cost non-TN & non-glossy 27" FHD (1920x1080) LCD monitor?

time

Storage? I am Storage!
As it happens, I was looking for that monitor spec only a few weeks ago. I ended up choosing a Benq VA model:

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2760HS-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00ITORMDC

It's widely reviewed on the web (all good) and has excellent user-satisfaction feedback. I played with it and tweaked it very slightly before handing it over. Lighting is pretty uniform, contrast is obviously very good, and colors are good. Doesn't quite have the pop that a more expensive VA might achieve, but I seriously doubt there is anything anywhere near as good for the money. The only negative I could see was of course that the pixels are quite visible unless you sit well back.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Yikes!!! Two of those are TN. One is higher res. Another doesn't seem to be available. That leaves the Dell.

If you need to just run out and get something from Best Buy the Samsung S27D590P is pretty good. 27", 1920x1080, PLS, 2 HDMI + 1 VGA port. No worries from PWM as it does not use LED PWM Dimming. It's not perfect as the stand is fixed, no tilt/swivel or VESA mounting points. Unit is also powered by small 1.5"x1.5"x4" power brick. Around $280. Not super low cost but the extra cost may be worth it.

PRAD translated review here. Another translated review here. Another here.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
I got one of these for like $200 shipped from BestBuy in the Fall. Great deal on an IPS monitor, IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX2770SMH-LED-27-Inch-SuperClear-Frameless/dp/B008RM23ZI

$200 is a great price. It's $252 with your posted link now. The Viewsonic uses LED PWM Dimming so if the price delta is only $30 might look at the Samsung I suggested. Don't know if SD cares more about LED PWM Dimming or lowest possible price. All considerations of course.