4G wifi access for a month in Florida

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
The president of the company I work for these days needs a 4G wifi card and a one-month internet plan. He's in Fort Lauderdale, in Florida. He'll need to transfer a lot of data (maybe up to 2GB or 3GB for the month). Where can he get it? What plan? What price?

I'll do research on my own, but I'm sure you fellow Americans know better than I do what are the best offers in your country.

Thanks.

P.S. No, he can or won't use a wired connection. Why? Go figure. He's not a very rational person.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
In the US, your 4G options at present are either AT&T or Verizon (Sprint is still transitioning to LTE and coverage is sparse at best). Verizon is probably the better option since its coverage is almost certainly better in my experience, but Verizon equipment is essentially Verizon-only and not really worthwhile to purchase for international users.

I don't think Verizon does rentals itself, but there are a couple services in the US that allow a person to rent one. One of my customers uses one when he goes fishing in Texas every fall.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
If I tell him to buy a Virgin Mobile U600 OverDrive Pro key and get their 55$/month unlimited 4G plan, should he be ok?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
What device should he buy then to connect to AT&T's 4G network? I went on AT&T's website and it isn't clear to me.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Clear's tech underlies Sprint's older 4G offering. I'm under the impression that reception on it is spotty, mostly on the basis of where I have to be in Chicago to be able to connect to it on my phone.

ORD? Yes. Midway? No. Inside the Loop? Maybe. South of the museum campuses? Not happening. Wrigleyville? Yes. Andersonville? Nope.