A Firefox extension that is actually useful

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Yes, really!

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3751/

Handy Xtra Stuff is very small. It adds the ability to configure Firefox's "view source" function to a button on your toolbar (the real toolbar, not one of those space-hogging crapfest extras you can add, nor the dorky bookmarks toolbar that is the first thing any sensible person switches off).

What's the use of that? You can configure it to use an external viewer - and of course, there is no reason at all that that your "viewer" has to be limited to viewing. Point it at your favourite text editor and you can surf around your site, clicking on all the links, and any that don't go where you want them to, once click and you are in your editor.

This, of course, is exactly the sort of function that should be built into every browser straight out of the factory. Sad that you have to get an add-on to do it, but there you go.

(PS: the one and only browser I know of that has this function by default is, of all things, Internet Explorer. But then IE has the reload button in a really stupid place and you can't move it, so my new primary HTML editing browser is now the Fox.)

ddrueding

Fixture
Good find Tannin. I like it for the control of the "close tab" button and the ability to hide a bunch of stuff (Address and Search "go" buttons, "all tabs" dropdown menu).