Another oddity

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I make an effort - at present - to read everything here.

I've noticed that often, I'll continue to see the new posts notification in forums I've completely read, and that have no additional new posts.

Is anyone else seeing this or is it a byproduct of using mozilla?

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
I make an effort - at present - to read everything here.

I've noticed that often, I'll continue to see the new posts notification in forums I've completely read, and that have no additional new posts.

I know this isn't the proper solution, but there is a text link on the main page that says, "mark all posts read". I see the same thing I think. I've noticed that after I've read everything, the forum still shows me having new posts to read. Most of the times it thinks the posts I have written are new...where in a way they are, just not to me. I'm using IE 6.0 in win XP pro for that matter; I'm not sure how mozilla handles it.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:

I'm using IE5(complete version info is 5.00.2614.3500) and I get the same thing.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I too have this. I get it with any of my various browser and OS combinations: Netscape/2 2.02 (ECS), Communicator/2 4.61 (ECS), IE 5.0 (W2K), Opera 6.0 (W2K) and IE 5.0 (NT 4.0). I conclude it's not a browser problem!

I think it has to do with having multiple windows open. That seems to confuse the thing, though it's not consistent. Sometimes it seems to work OK. Beats me.

Flagreen: you're a single browser window man, if I recall? What is your experience with this.

PS: Doug, my tip is make this a low-priority issue. Deal with more important ones first.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I have noticed that once I enter into a thread, and hit my back button on the mouse to return to the main thread view, it sometimes gives me an older version of that page. I have to hit an actual link such as > Computers, for it to refresh properly.

Using IE6. Usually only one SR browser window open.