Antec ISK 300 Case & 12.5mm thick 2.5" HDs

Stereodude

Not really a
I couldn't find an answer to this question anywhere on the web so I'm putting it here.

You can fit a 12.5mm thick 2.5" HD in one of the two 2.5" "bays" in the Antec ISK 300. As you can see in the picture below it sits just a touch below the metal edge of the case. The cover slid onto the case without any issues.

However, the other 2.5" "bay" will require modifying to fit a 12.5mm drive because there is a lip / flange in the way. Here you can see a standard 9.5mm drive installed in the second "bay" and how the lip overhangs the drive.

The lip could be cut off, or perhaps folded to not extend over the drive.

This concludes this PSA. :thumbleft:

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Have you considered using a 750GB drives until the 1TB drives in 9.5mm height are available? I don't think it will that long now.

Stereodude

Not really a
Have you considered using a 750GB drives until the 1TB drives in 9.5mm height are available? I don't think it will that long now.
I'm not super patient, and I figure the 9.5mm 1TB 2.5" drives will be advanced format. The Samsung HM100UI is still a 512byte sector drive.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Is that metal 1 mm thick? Have fun cutting it with a Dremel. I spent hours modding my case to take 92mm fans instead of 80mm......

Stereodude

Not really a
Well, my plan was successful. I was unable to bend the piece in the vice because it couldn't slide as it bent, so I used channel lock pliers to bend it most of the way down then hammered it flat.

I now have 2 12.5mm thick drives in my ISK300 case.