Asus eee laptop(ish)

Sol

Storage is cool
http://event.asus.com/eeepc/

So it's a terrible name (I think they're trying to cash in on the success of the Wii or something) but at $199US I can think of several uses for one of these things.

In fact as lame as the name is the link to the Wii is spot on in my opinion, this could appeal to a very similar group of people for very similar reasons (price usability.. style... it's small and made of white plastic).

Sol

Storage is cool
So I hadn't really looked at the official site to see just how little info it gives...

Basically this product is a tiny notebook PC with a 7" screen a ~900Mhz Intel processor 512MB of RAM and a 4GB flash drive for $199 that runs some variety of Linux.
There are more expensive versions with bigger drives and running Windows that go up to about $500 or so but at $199 the base model pretty much kills anything in it's class in terms of price and could make a compelling option for people who are sick of dragging a full sized laptop around (these weigh 860g) or who want something small to take on holidays to look at pictures and play solitaire on. Plus with a VGA port and enough grunt to browse the web it makes thin-clients look somewhat less compelling.