Big screen phones? Anyone have a HTC Sensation?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
I'm wondering if anyone has tried the HTC Sensation?
Sam got me thinking the 4.3" screen might make up for lack of a Querty keyboard. Not sure if this phone has an SD slot...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
That phone is basically an Evo 3D. It has a different camera from the Evo 4G (the phone that timwhit, Will Rickards and I all have), slightly better screen resolution and two cores rather than one. I don't have much problem with the on screen keyboard on my phone.

On the Evo 4G, the microSD slot is located underneath the battery.

HTC has its own UI overlay called Sense. I like Sense much better than Samsung's overlay (Touchwiz?), but they're both resource hogs over and above stock Android.

Phones with larger displays need commensurately larger batteries. If you're having a hard time keeping an Android phone with a smaller screen charged throughout a day now, the bigger screen will not be doing you any favors in that department.

I'm also going to throw this out there: Windows Mobile is pretty slick. If you aren't married to Android, those devices really do deserve a look as well.

Sol

Storage is cool
I'm pretty sure the Sensation does have a microSD slot. Only one person I know has owned one, there was some kind of persistent problem though and he got rid of it and got a Galaxy Nexus instead and is much happier. I don't really remember the details though so it's not much help I guess.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Some blog somewhere mentioned that the whole push for bigger screen phones was because of 4g. Because of the battery life problems with the early chipsets they had to hide a much bigger battery behind and sticking it behind a bigger screen works pretty well. It's sort of a genius coverup if you think about it that way, bigger is better and sells.

Personally I still want bigger screens, 4.3 with higher resolution seems perfect.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
My thought is it's sort of like having another wallet. My phone is about a 1/2" bigger then my wallet, either way, and half the width. I see no reason the screen couldn't be twice as wide, and still fit easily in my pocket.

How's the speed on the EVO?

I wonder if my 3600 battery would fit, and where I would get another cover?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I compared my phone to the Sensation. Appears the Sensation is a 1/2 inch wider.

Not sure if it's worth losing the keyboard and the big battery.

Seems like the phones should be about the size of a wallet to me.

Last edited by a moderator: