Blocked tracking cookies list help

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I recently was bothered by something called MSAntivirus 2009 which redirected me to a site attempting to get me to download malware. Anyway, I came to the conclusion that I should have been selectively blocking cookies but never got around to it. Today I started adding sites to my blocked cookie list in IE. Has anyone compiled a more comprehensive list which they could share? And where does IE keep the blocked cookie list so I can add to it manually with a text editor?

Yes, I already know IE is fraught with problems and I shouldn't be using it at all, but some sites just don't work properly in other browsers.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I use Spybot Search and destroy's immunize function to block problem-type cookies from interfering.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
If you are going to block all potentially problem cookies by hand you will spend all your time doing it. There are far too many and they are growing faster than you could block them.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Why are you using IE at all in the first place?

Anyway, here's a short list of things to do:
1. Get the hosts file from mvps.org. Copy it to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
2. Download Spywareblaster, install updates and Immunize
3. Download Spybot, install updates and immunize
4. FUCKING NEVER FUCKING USE FUCKING IE FUCKING AGAIN

Web sites that don't work in IE are web sites that you have no reason to ever use.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
1. Get the hosts file from mvps.org. Copy it to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Done.

Done.

Done.

Web sites that don't work in IE are web sites that you have no reason to ever use.
I agree with the point you so delicately drove home here, and most websites work fine in other browsers. I'm having a huge problem with my Yahoo email however. It's as slow as sh*t in Opera. As I just mentioned in Dave's XP Antivirus 2008 thread, I really hope they get the fuckers responsible. At this point IE is close to useless to me given that I'll get those asinine pop-ups at indeterminant times. A week ago IE worked flawlessly for me, believe it or not. Outside of occasional tracking cookies, I wasn't getting anything malicious.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Why are you using IE at all in the first place?

Umm, forget Seinfeld..get a Mac :).

Reason I still fire up the long outdated, unsupported IE for the Mac? why for the printing preview function inside IE. Still vastly superior to all other browsers and Mac OSX's pdf previewing. Only with such an old version of IE, many sites while they display fine, will not print as well as they did before all these new standards came about. *note* I only use IE for printing out webpages, for everything else, I"m either using various versions of Safari or Camino...no FF, don't like it's GUI.

What I mean is, say I want to print out a page, doesn't matter if they have a link to a 'printable' page version. I almost always, when printing out something (say a Google map, or directions map) want to reduce amount of paper and excess text unrelated to the article or map I need printed. So I specify a page range, and then because I have poor eyesight, I need to adjust to the largest text that will fit on to the page. IE will usually allow the largest text fonts, before increasing the size results in text being cut off of the page, ending up with a few characters that spill over to almost blank pages, doubling the amount of paper that gets used up.

There really needs to be some kind of standardization for printing & formatting. *all* other browsers I use, screw up printing, or at least I'm limited to the microscopic 20'something perfect eyesight pages.

....drifting off topic, I keep getting automated, computer voice, telemarketing calls on my cell phone, even though I put my # on the national do not call list. I try to not give my cell phone # out to many sources, but either bots are calling every # out there, or some bastards sold my # to a database. I've also noticed my mother's cell phone is recently now getting the same telemarketing scam calls too. always about how your auto insurance is about to expire, and you need to renew...something like that. Ya think Obama is going to fix that, seeing how he's really more white than he is black (DNA speaking)? :D