Bog standard motherboard

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Is it just me, or has it become harder to find some earlier discussions?

Anyway, what with Intel leaving the market, I'm wondering what we're supposed to use as a microATX motherboard. To my eye, there is almost no difference between B75 (single 6Gbps SATA + parallel port), H77 (dual 6Gbps SATA) and Z77 (overclockable). But I'm not interested in the 3570K CPU, so I'm not interested in overclocking either.

What do people prefer? The Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Intel will be making boards another couple years.
Actually, Intel DOESN'T make those boards. They're made by Foxconn. Which makes me wonder if I should look at Foxconn-branded units more closely.

But the reason I've been buying Intel the last few years is the quality, speed and ease of obtaining support. And THAT is what's going to disappear.

That being said, yes, the GA-B75-D3H has been my go-to step up from the Intel H61 board that I usually get. The price difference to move up another step to the H77 boards doesn't seem worthwhile for an ordinary business desktop in my opinion.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Went with the the H77M-D3H again because it includes an audio chip from Via that appears to be superior to the common Realtek offerings.