Can't find drivers for unkown MoBo Viachipset

Raptor6497

What is this storage?
:?: I just bought a used bare-bones unit with unknown MoBo and AMD k6-2 450 The award bios is dated 1998. I cannot find FCC# anywhere on this board. The seller told me he thought it was PCchips board, but I don't know... It uses via chipset, HT82C686A. I cannot find the grafix driver, or the LAN, or the Audio drivers. I have tried every 4in1 driver on the Via website with no luck. When I go into device manager, the only display adapter it will take is the windows default with only 16 colors. I run Win ME, and the system has a 6.4G 5400 spin HDD, and 128mb of sdram. The video, audio, and Lan are on the Mobo. Please advise,thanx.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Sounds like a VIA MVP4 to me, Raptor. I don't think there have been any other VIA chipsets at all that take a Socket 7 CPU and have integrated video and sound.

The 4-in-1 won't help with sound and video, you need the seperate driver for those. If you can find a driver CD for almost any reasonably recent VIA based board - three years old or less, let's say - you'll find the drivers on there. Beware - the name of the driver is often non-obvious. Sometimes it's Trident.

Tony

Raptor6497

What is this storage?
Tannin,
Thanx for the info, I thought it might be MVP3 or MVP4, but so far I can't seem to get anything to work. I believe the board is 98 or 99 vintage, it is 100fsb and has only 1 PCI slot. The drivers all seem to be for newer 133fsb and up. Buck, I tried the PCchips site already, it was no help/thanx for the try, tho. I don't really believe the board is from them anyway... If anyone has a driver disc from a board like this, and I could get a copy, please let me know. Okelly Dokelly!