Cats of Storageforum

Handruin

Administrator
For anyone who wants to share pictures of their cats, this is the thread. If not, I'll just post some over time for those who enjoy the little critters.

Gallery #1

Booster playing Plants vs Zombies with me.
rz61epHh.jpg

Booster and Zelda gossiping about the neighbors.
IaL9g4e.jpg

Booster sleeping on me. Bed hog.
n5pKTFjh.jpg

Booster sleeping on me again...while we watch a movie.
7yjwEPi.jpg

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My cats are awful at sitting still but I tried to get a shot of Gracie cat playing League of Legends last night. Her cat bed has been right next to a computer monitor for the last 13 years and absolutely the only thing on a screen that has ever gotten her attention is that game.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I have loads of cat pictures:

Here's Jeannie. We got her from my brother about 20 months ago:

Jeannie_2.jpg

Jeannie.jpg

This cute guy is "Baby". We started calling him that when we first got him as a kitten and that's been his name ever since. We also have his mother (lots of pics of her on my computer but I didn't upload any to photobucket):

drunk_kitty.jpg

This nice looking Morris the cat look a like was called Leno. He belonged to our neighbors, started hanging around us, and we kept him for three years. Unfortunately he became ill last summer and passed on.
Leno.jpg

These two hung around outside a few years back. We fed them and tried to take them in, but being feral we couldn't catch them. We haven't seen the Tuxedo cat in a while but the other one still makes an appearance now and then:

Strays.jpg

P6290239.jpg

These two are Cleo and Lucky. We had Lucky nearly 20 years. Cleo passed on in 2007. She was my brother's cat but she was with us for 14 months when he moved back in with us before buying his house.

P9070328.jpg

More of Cleo:

P6290178.jpg

PB190353.jpg

P9180340.jpg

Here she is warming herself on some LEDs:

P1180178.jpg

And I have an entire album of her if anyone is interested.

Lots more cat pictures in our photo albums waiting to be scanned, and I have hundreds on my computer. Cats are just such awesome subjects.

Mercutio

Gracie-cat loves League of Legends. She talks to it. She smacks it. She's generally a total shit about it.

GracieCatPlaysLoL.jpg

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
Where's the mouse?

0120000846.jpg

(Where's the mouse? The little joke is that I use a touchpad - Sophie's looking at it center-right of the pic.)

Handruin

Administrator
Does it have to be a domestic cat?

There were no hard rules here. The theme is for people to post pictures of personal pet cats that they either care for, love, enjoy, etc so that we get to see the little critters that make our lives happier. If you have something that you think fits the theme them by all means contribute.

Mercutio

This fucker was going contemplating a Hiro-snack this morning. There was hawk-poop on my TV and my little yellow buddy was cowering under the couch. I didn't even think he FIT under the couch.

Needless to say I closed my screen door.

20130520_075752.jpg

No zoom on that. I was about 18" away when I took that picture.

Mercutio

That's a nice looking bird!

I need to name him. He is utterly unbothered by my proximity and he's out there every freaking time I look. I have determined that he's perfectly happy to eat my grilled chicken and I'm pretty sure he's aiming shits at my sliding glass door.

20130525_151349.jpg

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Put up a camera to record that space. Make the feed available to us so we can watch him run into the closed door.

Undoubtedly he is hoping to befriend you in hopes you won't be too mournful when he displaces your little yellow buddy.

Stereodude

Not really a
Needless to say I closed my screen door.
I'm pretty sure his talons / claws would go right though your screen door. :bomb:

Speaking of large birds... As I was getting out of bed this morning I looked out the window and saw a rather large wild turkey in my backyard.

Mercutio

redtail Hawk?

Yup. I have established that he's a he and I've been calling him Shitmonster after what he does to my balcony and what my cats think he is. Now when my cat are bad I tell them I'm going to let the monster get them.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
He's a beauty.

We have them all over around here. They soar, and pick off whatever is in the long, dry grass.
Never had one on the porch railing, however. Had foxes, skunks, deer, and a mountain lion, but that's all.

I forgot: we have a BUNCH of turkeys and geese that live on the golf course in front of the house. Woke up to boys with tails out, and girls as well.
Lots of courting noises.

Mercutio

No boys thusfar.

I gave a key to my place to one of those special friends, for times when she's too wasted to drive 100 miles back to her actual home. I get a weird wake-up once or twice a month. She's getting better about being quiet when she comes in but back in February she came in at about 3AM and woke me up to find out where I keep baking pans because she really, REALLY wanted some brownies right that minute.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Not to judge, but someday you may have an overnight female guest and the last thing you will want will be another woman with a key making a midnight visit.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Meet Xena the kitten:
attachment.php

She's the result of a cross with a Norwegian Forest Cat, so will probably end up a little on the large size - certainly her paws hint at it.

Xena is a purr machine: touch her and she purrs.

attachment.php

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
+1 ! She hardly looks like a kitten!

Someone I know had a cat with legs 6 feet tall (ok, I'm exaggerating, but you know). Obviously was a cross, probably with a jungle cat because in those days there were forested areas behind their home.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Nice!

I'm always befuddled when I see sudden blotches of color in the middle of nowhere on cats and dogs. I'm really curious as to what biological process makes this happen. Just like a random, long hair in a totally bald place, like my Adam's apple, for instance. A cell that lost it's way? A hair follicle that got tired of migration and decided to settle down? Maybe Adcadet can explain.

The second fella looks totally gangsta!