Confirmation E-Mail Glitch

Splash

Learning Storage Performance
Is it possible that automatic confirmation E-mail is turned off, or possibly not working?

It seems that iGary and some mültï-dïërësïs'd ëntïtÿ iz patiently waiting to log in. (zorry Tea)

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
It's cool, Zplazh. Iz that "mültï-dïërësïs'd ëntïtÿ" Discfarm, by any chance? And if zo, why the English-style spelling of "disc"? I thought the Grammar Police waz then only one with that particular fetizh.

Oh, and ...

In the near future said:
Aggggggarrrgh!

Handruin

Administrator
Splash said:
Is it possible that automatic confirmation E-mail is turned off, or possibly not working?

It seems that iGary and some mültï-dïërësïs'd ëntïtÿ iz patiently waiting to log in. (zorry Tea)

I can't turn off the confirmation link or else it could be possible for people to spam the board.

I will gladly help you fix the issue, can you e-mail me (or PM) the link which does not work?

Splash

Learning Storage Performance
Handruin said:
Splash said:

I can't turn off the confirmation link or else it could be possible for people to spam the board.

I will gladly help you fix the issue, can you e-mail me (or PM) the link which does not work?

• > ...it could be possible for people to spam the board.
Oh, believe me, I fully realise this place could turn into a spam target without said facility! It's not a URL issue that I'm having, it's that I never did received the E-mail message(s) with the Confirmation URL(s).

To your knowledge, has the MX routes for the domain (STORAGEFORUM.NET) fully updated and propagated? In any case, after all the time between Sunday and today this issue may now be a moot point if the routing data has fully propagated.

Maybe I just need new messages sent (i.e. -- re-sent), if pHpBB has that capability. If not, you could delete iGary and Dïscfärm and I can start over. Makes no difference to me either way.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Is it possible that you simply made a spelling mistake when you entered your e-mail address? It can happen to the best you know.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
In proper (US, which to some might be an oxymoron) usage, disk refers to your basic platter-shaped object. Both the US dictionaries I have in my office say that "disc" is the variant spelling.

Interestingly, in the US, "disc" is widely used to describe recorded media (records and CDs), and in fact, according to Philips and Sony, "disc" - not the "k-word" is the only term that should be applied to CDs. Whammo, the company that makes Frisbees, also calls their product a "disc".

But the general term for a platter-shaped object is supposed to be disk.

Handruin

Administrator
Splash said:
Handruin said:
Splash said:

• > ...it could be possible for people to spam the board.
Oh, believe me, I fully realise this place could turn into a spam target without said facility! It's not a URL issue that I'm having, it's that I never did received the E-mail message(s) with the Confirmation URL(s).

To your knowledge, has the MX routes for the domain (STORAGEFORUM.NET) fully updated and propagated? In any case, after all the time between Sunday and today this issue may now be a moot point if the routing data has fully propagated.

Maybe I just need new messages sent (i.e. -- re-sent), if pHpBB has that capability. If not, you could delete iGary and Dïscfärm and I can start over. Makes no difference to me either way.

Sorry buddy, I just resent the confirmation link to the e-mail address you registered for iGary and Dïscfärm and they both bounced back. Something odd is going on with my server and your e-mail address. I can send messages to other e-mail accounts, but for some reason I get a weird message in the return from yours.

I can do two things at this point.

1.) Remove both accounts and let you reregister
2.) Just activate them and let you be on your way. :)

Let me know what you want to do.