problem Constant Emails

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
How can I stop all the annoying email notifications? The subscribed threads section does not seem to offer the right option. Thanks.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
If you click on the unsubscribing link in the email, that will fix it for that particular thread. You will have to repeat for each thread. It is also good to change your profile so as not automaticly subscribe.

P.S. Yes, the subscribed section does not appear to work, which is why I do the above.

Handruin

Administrator
So, if you go here and remove the subscriptions, it doesn't unsubscribe you? What happens, does it give an error?

Handruin

Administrator
Go to the link I sent you. Do you see a list of forum topics? You should be able to put a check mark next to them and then select the menu option to do one of several things. See attached screen capture for example. You can delete subscriptions or simply have the forum track it, but not e-mail you.

LunarMist

Thanks. I had almost 400 subscriptions to delete. Crazy.

Handruin

Administrator
You can now set in your profile to not automatically subscribe to future threads so that it won't notify you.

LunarMist

Now I understand. :) The default was "No email notification." I did not realize that it added every thread to the subscriptions.

Handruin

Administrator
It just gives you a way to back track and find older posts you made if you could remember what threads they were in.

LunarMist

I understand that the various features would be useful in some huge forums. Yet the settings and pull-down menus are all so confusing to the likes of me. ;)

I check SF every chance I get, and post too often. :) I don't miss too many threads unless on travel.