Damn Asus website unreachable again!

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Hi,

Is it just me or Asus puny and miserable website is down more often than it's fonctional? I've tried to access it for ~three hours now and I always receive a message telling me that "the connection was refused". Shame on Asus for their POS web site! They must be running it on Windows-based system, using their own early slot-A motherboards (which were buggy as hell).

What a bunch of incompetents! :evil:

BTW, I'm talking about their www.asus.com web site and I'm trying to access it with Netscape 6.2.1 and IE6 with no success.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Ok, now it's working fine again. But this afternoon it wasn't and it happens way too often for the web site of such a big company.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Pssf!

I tried to vote on one of the two poll they have at the lower left corner of their front page and I came up with this error :
Code:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

[dbmssocn]General network error. Check your network documentation.

/program/vote.asp, line 27
Like I said : what a bunch of amateurs!

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Ya, I have noticed in general that a lot of the Tawainese motherboard manufacturers have problems with their websites. In the past I have had problems accessing Asus, Abit, MSI, and Tyan. And those were the only pages that I have ever gone to more than once....

Handruin

Administrator
I agree, I've seen many problems in the past with asus's web site and also their FTP site for DL'ing drivers and such. The next time it happens, go to their Tawainese site:

http://www.asus.com.tw

(which, funny enough is down right now.) :p