dDV Homograms

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Who uses the bunners that create a homographic effect on the discus backside? Does it aeffect relaiblities/longevities of the disk? Is the speciales sopftware mandaorty?

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Who uses the bunners that create a homographic effect on the discus backside? Does it aeffect relaiblities/longevities of the disk? Is the speciales sopftware mandaorty?

Lost, do you have a special keyboard, I know you said you're getting a new one, but this current one, seems to have a mind of it's own...in a former life I think it was used for a pr0n site content provider...too many Freudian slips to be a coincidence?

I haven't actually seen the halographic effect you write off, sorry, can't help answer your Q

ddrueding

Fixture
I suspect that he is talking about lightscribe. It does require special blanks, a special burner, and special software. I always found that a sharpie was faster and printable disks were more professional.

Handruin

Administrator
There was another kind from a long time back that would actually burn patters into the data side of the CD-R (not the top). I can't remember what it was called but I think it's different than lightscribe. Our older forum member Groltz had one of these and burnt me a few CD-R's with the storageforum logo that I still have kicking around.

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
There was another kind from a long time back that would actually burn patters into the data side of the CD-R (not the top). I can't remember what it was called but I think it's different than lightscribe. Our older forum member Groltz had one of these and burnt me a few CD-R's with the storageforum logo that I still have kicking around.
Was that Yamaha's (?) disc Tattoo or something homophonic.

Edit: Found it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DiscT@2

time

Storage? I am Storage!
That explains why Optiarc (NEC-Sony) drives don't support Lightscribe - their equivalent is LabelFlash.

Not that either is anything other than a failed technology anyway ...