Doug's deal'itis' syndrome

Handruin

Administrator
OK, I've been reading ben's bargains just about every day now in hopes to spot something good. Well here is a deal that seems to good to be true but people are actually getting this deal:

Western Digital 120GB Drive $30 at BestBuy B&M B&M Only
Discuss (43) Posted 11:34 AM PDT 9/15/02 by Ben

This may be worth trying if you have the time. Print out this MicroCenter Ad with the WD1200BBRTL priced at $149. Bring it to your local BestBuy. They have it at $250 with a $120 rebate. PriceMatch to $149, send in the $120 rebate --> $29 after rebate.

I'm so tempted to try this!!! How can you beat $30 for a 120 GB drive. I believe it is the 1200BB version, but so what, for the price it is great!

http://www.bensbargains.net/ktalk/1032114863,64335,.shtml

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I tried it. My local Best Buy said that, since the closest Microcenter is more than 50 miles away, they wouldn't honor the coupon. :(

Now I'm planning to drive to another Best Buy.

Handruin

Administrator
I just realize how much of a knuckle head I am... I put this in the feedback section when I ment for it to go in the "for sale"... Doh!

Merc, I read some people ran into the same issue as you did. If you get one, that would be awesome. I'm going to try and get down to BB, but I don't know if I will have the time now.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
What a deal! And I thought the 120GB 5400rpm drives from Outpost for $109 was a good one.

Mercutio

I went to a different Best Buy last night and they said "OK", gave me $100 and everything.

$30 120GB drives are pretty cool.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
You guys get all the best deals - The nearest Microcenter from my location is at least 500 miles. Hard to argue that it is a "local competitor" to the local Best Buy store.

It could be worse, I could live in OZ.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Damn I have a MicroCenter and Best Buy a few miles away...but I am too lazy.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Mercutio said:
I went to a different Best Buy last night and they said "OK", gave me $100 and everything.

$30 120GB drives are pretty cool.
Merc - Which BB did you go to? I've a MicroCenter just down the street from my office in Westmont & in Downers Grove. I don't need the space but am considering it anyway because the potential price is too good to pass up.

- Fushigi

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I think I'm going to do it on Friday. I need to replace an old 4.3GB Quantum. Lol I'll replace the 4.3 with a 120 for about what I can sell the 4.3 for...

C

Mercutio

I drove over to the one on US30 in... whereever the heck it is. Illinois someplace. Um... Matteson, I think.

That's a hell of a long haul for you.

I don't know HOW many times I've worked within a couple of blocks of that Best Buy in Westmont. I'll bet I've worked in your building, Fushigi.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Ya, that is in Matteson. Only about 4 miles from where my parents live. How long is the rebate good for anyways?

There aren't any MicroCenters in Wisconsin so I doubt they would honor it.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
One person there got really lucky. The morons at Worst Buy thought the price was $110(because the ad said save $110), gave the guy the drives for $110 minus 10% of the difference, or $96 each, and he purchased 2 of them. The guy actually made $48 purchasing two drives(assuming the rebates are honored) thanks to idiot help. I'm guessing if enough people take advantage of this pricematch policy Best Buy will discontinue or revise it. I'm always the first one to complain about the poor quality of employees in most stores nowadays, but occasionally it works to your advantage. :lol:

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Mercutio said:
I drove over to the one on US30 in... whereever the heck it is. Illinois someplace. Um... Matteson, I think.

That's a hell of a long haul for you.

I don't know HOW many times I've worked within a couple of blocks of that Best Buy in Westmont. I'll bet I've worked in your building, Fushigi.
OK, I think I know the BB you referred to. I lived in Hammond for a couple of years before crossing the border. Basically my definition of FIP changed.

Going there would be a bit of a haul and I would drive by 4 or 5 other BB stores along the way. I'll try the local store today or tomorrow. I forgot to pick up the Microcenter ad yesterday & would rather have it vs. a printout.

I work on Pasquinelli Dr. in Westmont. That business park by Ogden & Rte 83; about a 1/2 mile S. of the Oak Brook mall. The drive from Aurora isn't the greatest but as long as I avoid peak rush hour times its livable. Let me know if you're ever in the area again; we can hook up for lunch.

- Fushigi