EAccessViolation - Sound card conflicts

Piyono

Storage is cool
I recently started getting an error dialog box on startup with the title "EAccessViolation" and just an "OK" button to close it. I didn't pay much attention to it (I'm telling myself I'll reformat any day now) till I realized I don't have system sound.

Turns out the Realtek HD control panel wasn't able to start and therefore the card was not passing audio. I disabled the Windows Sound service and the control panel was able to launch, but re-enabling the service gave a new error message about an access violation at a certain memory location.

I figured there was some sort of resource conflict so I uninstalled the drivers for my Delta 1010, which cleared the problem up right away, and RHTDCPL.exe loads correctly.

What I don't understand is why I have a conflict at all. First off, I don't think the Delta 1010 uses an IRQ, and furthermore it is primarily an ASIO device, although I guess it does have WDM drivers.

I've been using the 1010 for 10 years without any sort of issue. I'm gonna contact M-Audio, as well, but I was hoping someone here might have some insight on the matter.

Piyono

Storage is cool
Looks like it was a driver issue.
Got the new Realtek drivers and everything seems OK now.