Error 29 and Turbo Tax

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
My sister recently installed the latest version of Tubo Tax on her system. She did her federal return, and went to download the state information. She said she got an "error 29". She also got "error 29" when she tried to find any updates. Turbo Tax tech support said it was caused by incorrect settings in the CMOS. I thought maybe her CMOS battery died but her computer time is correct, and Device Manager doesn't show any problems. The system is a PIII 900MHz with 384 MB RAM and Win ME. She tried reinstalling Turbo Tax but encountered the same problem. On the first install Turbo Tax updated Internet Explorer for some unknown reason. BTW, we did all the troubleshooting over the phone. She lives 60 miles away so I won't be able to physically look at the system any time soon.

Any ideas?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Seriously, TaxAct.com costs all of $13 total to E-file state and Federal taxes, if your income falls below whatever their threshold is for that year. I used to use it for my Ex's taxes.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
I can't find anything in my searches.

I downloaded TurboTax Deluxe yesterday, let it fully update, and did my taxes with no problems whatsoever.