F@H Stats in sig

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
sechs said:
It's a sign that you should be looking for aliens instead 8)
I used to. I got to 2500 work units processed and decided to switch to a cause closer to home. Besides, given the current state of the world I'd be pretty embarassed to admit to an alien species that I was a human.

Handruin

Administrator
They changed their text URL, so the stats generator wasn't getting any information.

I've seen the stats page break in the past, so I was hoping it was a simple down time on their part, but I was wrong this time. Anyway, it should be fixed now.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
i updated my homnepage in my sig and now my stats signature wont work.. like it's not accepting the code here's exactly what I've had and continue to have in my sig.

fahsig2.php

Handruin

Administrator
This one's puzzling.

When was the last time you changed your signature? I can't get it to work either, but for some reason Fushigi's still works.

I almost think it has something to do with the UBB parser, but that doesn't answer why Fushigi's still works. The UBB is stored in the DB and parsed during page rendering.

Not only does it NOT work in the signature, it also doesn't work in the post area.

Handruin

Administrator
A quick look at the HTML reveals this:

Code:
[img]http://www.storageforum.net/fah/fahsig2.php?user=blakerwry&bg=4[/img]
Notice the "&" in the URL is being represented as "&".

Makes me think htmlspecialchars() function is being applied to the UBB tag parser now. Time to investigate.

Handruin

Administrator
The latest patch had a change to disallow certain characters in the "" tag. One of which is the "?". From what I read there was some form of exploit in this code, so the developers removed it. I'll try to work out a way to generate the image without using a php script.

More info here:
[url]http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=188803&highlight=images+img[/url]

Handruin

Administrator
Had you not changed it, it may have been fine. I tried to manually add it into the database, but it didn't fix it for you. I still don't know why some continue to work, but after you change yours, it doesn't.