Forum downtime

Handruin

Administrator
This is what was provided to me:

Monitoring
Our team has restored connectivity to Linodes within our Newark datacenter. We will continue to monitor for any additional issues. If you are still experiencing issues and our Support team has not contacted you, please feel free to open a ticket or send us an email at support@linode.com and we will be happy to assist.
Jul 19, 01:10 UTC
Update
Power has been restored to our Newark data center and our team is working quickly to restore connectivity. We will continue to provide additional updates as they develop.
Jul 19, 00:38 UTC
Identified
We have identified the connectivity issues affecting our Newark data center as the result of a power outage. Our team is working as quickly as possible to restore connectivity. We will provide additional updates as they develop.
Jul 19, 00:01 UTC
Update
Our team is still in communication with the Newark data center to determine the cause of this outage. We are continuing our investigation and will provide additional updates as the issue develops.
Jul 18, 23:40 UTC
Update
We are continuing to investigate this issue.
Jul 18, 23:05 UTC
Investigating
We are aware of connectivity issues affecting Linodes in our Newark data center and are currently investigating. We will continue to provide additional updates as this incident develops.
Jul 18, 23:04 UTC
This incident affected: Newark.

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
Thanks for the update, and for your continued service in support of this site.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
No, that's not what I posted.

I'm sure other board members will get the joke that flew over your head. :lol:

I'm totally exhausted, 2 hours sleep in 48 until today.
I've heard some HR about circular vs. hierarchical Milleniums. I missed that training.

Handruin

Administrator
Thanks for the update, and for your continued service in support of this site.

No problem. I didn't have a chance to mention the downtime before snowhiker referenced it. Linode our hosting provider doesn't often have issues so I'm not that upset by the downtime. I am surprised that a power outage wasn't backed by generators and such.