Which Card Would You Buy?

• Geforce 4 Ti 4200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geforce 3 Ti 200

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm thinking about upgrading my video card. I currently have a Geforce2 GTS.

I'd prefer a DX8 compliant card at a reasonable price so the two options I'm considering are:

Geforce 4 Ti 4200 (a bit pricy)
vs
Geforce 3 Ti 300 (not sure on price)

If you were buying, which would you choose and why?

Clocker

CougTek

Serial computer killer
The GeForce 4 Ti4200 only arrives in 8 weeks. Currently, only the two elder GeForce 4 model are available (Ti4400 and Ti4600).

If you don't want to wait, your only choice is the GeForce 3 Ti200 (I have one and it is more than enough for my small 3D needs). The GeForce 4 Ti4200 will, however, be significantly faster and it will let you run most games with AA enabled, which isn't the case with the GeForce 3 Ti200.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I voted for the GF-III Ti 200, but actually I ain't planning on either. I am perfectly happy with my two or three G450s. Gaming performance is not important to me, but picture quality is. The Matrox drivers are not perfect, but they are certainly in the ball park, and they are still available for a wider variey of operating systems than Nvidia ones are.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
If both were available as now, G4 4200... reasonable price and awesome performance.

James

Storage is cool
A Geforce 2GTS has kept me happy... well, since its release, however long that is. Almost 18 months maybe?

I reckon in technology it's always a good idea to buy one below the current top of the line. (This applies to CPUs, HDs, GPUs...) It's always significantly cheaper than the most advanced part, but it's almost always 90-95+% of the performance.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Which Card Would You Buy?
Geforce 4 Ti 4200
Geforce 3 Ti 200

None of the above. :mrgrn:

The missus is going to get me a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 for a belated birthday present next month. Right now I'm leaning towards the ASUS V8460Ultra but like the VisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4600 as well. Decisions, decisions.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:
Where's the "none of the above" option?

Actually, when I created the post, I fill in ATI Radeon 8500 as an option but, for reasons I don't understand, only the first two choices appeared...

C

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Kevin,

You have to click once again on "add another" when you have entered your last option instead of clicking on "submit". Then, you must leave the last option blank and then you submit.