Google Page Rank and AdWords

time

Storage? I am Storage!
The owner of a small furniture manufacturing/importing business has asked me why his web inquiries have stopped. After looking at AdWords, I assume he and millions of other small businesses are screwed.

In a web search for lounge furniture in this city, he came in on the third page. The first page included firms like Ikea ... I figure the chains will always have deeper pockets, so can't see much point in him throwing money at Google.

Does anyone know if there is any way left in the Google world for small businesses to advertise?

ddrueding

Fixture
Find the related words (or niche products) that cost less on AdWords. You should be able to be first page in something more specific once the location is included. For my clients without much effort at all I've managed to get top billing (worst case top 3).

Hollister Pots
Salinas Plants
Monterey Concrete

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Didn't Google recently make a change where they penalize sites that are not mobile friendly by pushing them down in the search results? It was in the news for ages, but I didn't read through much of it since it's not relevant to me. The news sites even had a name for this project; I forget it now.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Find the related words (or niche products) that cost less on AdWords. You should be able to be first page in something more specific once the location is included. For my clients without much effort at all I've managed to get top billing (worst case top 3).

I don't understand what you mean. There are a few alternatives for the term "lounge chair", but I'm pretty sure the better-heeled opposition have them covered. And I'm not sure what the niche product would be.

ddrueding

Fixture
I'm suggesting giving up the battle for that phrase completely. What else do they sell? We gave up the pursuit of results with the word "flowers" quite a while ago.