Google search for "Storage Forum"

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
We're on the top of the third page of results. I don't think it'd be a lot of work to get enough linkage to move up a page. Beyond that I don't know.

Anyway, what can we do to get a little better linkage?

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
We're on the top of the third page of results. I don't think it'd be a lot of work to get enough linkage to move up a page. Beyond that I don't know.

Interestingly, the rank doesn't change if you use quotes around the search term "storage forum" or not. StorageForum.net must be high enough in Google's list of sites that include both the term "storage" and "forum" that people are lucking out when they search for "storage" AND "forum" (which is what I think people effectively search for when they don't explicitly include an operator, or put the search terms in quotes to indicate a phrase).

Mercutio said:
Anyway, what can we do to get a little better linkage?

Doesn't Google assign rank based on the number of sites it finds that include links to said site?

Handruin

Administrator
If you search for it as all one word we are at the top. But then again, if a person knew that, they would be at the site without searching.

I submitted the site a few months back. I will look into increasing the optimization of search engines.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Handruin said:
If you search for it as all one word we are at the top. But then again, if a person knew that, they would be at the site without searching.

I submitted the site a few months back. I will look into increasing the optimization of search engines.

Never underestimate the power of a good, quality typo.
Ask Tannin. :mrgrn:

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Interesting enough, if you enter "hard disks", one of the first results is... ta-dah: Seagate!

Where are the others?!

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I was curious to see if Storage Forum had improved at all in the search department. So I did a search for "storage forum" and now it shows up 6th. Not too bad at all if you ask me.

It's not a link to the front page, rather a link to the forums. Better than nothing though.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=storage+forum

If you click on similar pages you will get the front page and two pages from Tannin's site. I thought it was quite a coincidence.