Google shared calendar

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Need advice, I know some of you mentioned google stuff in the past for business. What's the best way to do a shared calendar via google?

I don't want to associate it with my account, assuming start a fresh account? Have a group of 8 that need to read/write to it so I don't think just sharing one will be good, everyone would need to have the login for it? With more than one person in a location signed in won't that trigger google security stuff?

ddrueding

Fixture
It is possible to have the same account signed in from multiple locations editing the same doc, but you may be prompted to re-sign-in more frequently. You could simply invite them using their credentials, or create accounts for them.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Seems like the whole groups thing requires google apps.

But apparently calendars can be shared and editable.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The way I handle Google Calendars is to create an Apps domain, share and give edit permission to everybody's calendar that needs to see one, and then add all the members to the default view for them. It takes a while to set up since I don't know a way to automate it, but once it's done people get the same view everywhere and they can see what they need to see.

Also: You CAN share calendars between normal Gmail accounts. It's just a lot more work since there's no global "Share with people on this domain"-type setting.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Is the apps domain thing a paid service?

I made and shared a group calendar and viewed it no problem on my note. Problem is on the blackberry I can't figure out how to see shared calendars, it just shows the main calendar. Something else to run my the BIS rep. Not an issue for me but most in my team don't have anything but the bby.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
You pay for the domain name. $10 a year or whatever. Apps is free for 10 users or less. Your calendar view is managed from calendar.google.com. The stuff you see on your mobile calendar should be the same stuff you have selected there.