In-word tags broken (aka "More bitching")

HellDiver

Learning Storage Performance
[bitching]
Yup, HellDiver's bitching again. This time it's about in-word tags (i.e. BBCode tags you slap in the middle of the word).

E.g., the following text :
Code:
[i]Some people like to highlight some t[b]i[/b]pos in their previous posts when the co[u]r[/u]ect them...[/i]
produces the following result on SF :

Some people like to highlight some tipos in their previous posts when the corect them...

i.e. every tag is replaced by a whitespace. Dunno if it was intentional on your part, though, Handruin.

Same goes for frontpage news comments, IIRC. On SR (that runs off the very same phpBB, only v2 RC2) on the other hand, that works just fine.

[/bitching]

Oh, and BTW, the [bitching][/bitching] tags are broken too!! ;)

Handruin

Administrator
this is a test

this is a test

this is a test

this is a bigger test

This is not from anything I've done, but if you head over to the final version of phpBB2 on our beta site, you will see the exact text above does not have the same problem in the new version.

http://beta.storageforum.net/phpgold/viewtopic.php?p=4769#4769

When the new version is implemented here, it should be fixed.

-Doug

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I thought you were going to implement it here right after it came out?

It is supposed to be a painless upgrade from what I understand.

Handruin

Administrator
timwhit said:
I thought you were going to implement it here right after it came out?

It is supposed to be a painless upgrade from what I understand.

Ahh... As I keep pointing everyone to the beta site, that is where the final version is at this moment. It works very well with our current setup, no worries there.

I will be implementing the new board very soon, but I wanted to make all of the changes at once, instead of upgrading the board, then adding a few mods, then changing the design. Doing it this way allows me to test all components at once, rather then 6 separate configurations. The less I have to disable the forum, the happier I am.

Why is the process taking so long? Well I'd like to ensure that I don't cause a MDF as we saw over at SR. I'm not pointing fingers, and I'm not saying this is the cause, but I want to be careful. There is no immediate call to upgrade, RC 4.0 has the security fix in place and there is no risk at this point.

I may hold off on the design changes and simply implement the new forum code in order to move the process along. Either way it is never a painless upgrade. I always worry that something will go wrong; therefore I always test any major change like this at the beta site using an exact copy of our database.

Ok, enough of my winded rant.