Intel NUC for use on a TV

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I would like to install an Intel NUC on our 50" HD TV for web surfing and possibly some video streaming. Any thoughts?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
That would be a great box for that purpose as long as you can work out a control scheme and front-end that you can live with. I suggest XBMC and either a Rii or a Logitech k400r if you'd like a device that's a bit larger.
The one down side in XBMC is that streaming plug-ins can be fussy, but you really want SOMETHING to give you a 10' interface to Netflix/Youtube/Amazon. Plex Desktop (or the Windows 8 app-ified version) are both also credible, though Plex has a much more limited set of streaming options.

ddrueding

Fixture
I'll second XBMC and the k400r. I have a NUC running the projector in the bedroom with a k400r and it works great. Though I have given up on any of the special UIs; my screens are big enough that the normal Windows Desktop is fine (and familiar).

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I run Xubuntu on a computer attached to my 55" TV. I've found that the various *nix window managers are far better at scaling than Windows is. I'm posting from that machine right now.