Internet Options

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Is it possible to have two internet providers connected at the same time on one computer or the wireless? For example, I might try out the cable or the FIBOS. Thanks.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Is it possible to have two internet providers connected at the same time on one computer or the wireless? For example, I might try out the cable or the FIBOS. Thanks.

Setting up dual wan would not be a good way to "try" a different internet service because at any point in time it would be difficult to guarantee which service you are using without manual intervention. The routers have as basic modes, failover, or more round-robin type bandwidth splitting. You could try options this way but it is not economical.

ddrueding

Fixture
Setting up dual wan would not be a good way to "try" a different internet service because at any point in time it would be difficult to guarantee which service you are using without manual intervention. The routers have as basic modes, failover, or more round-robin type bandwidth splitting. You could try options this way but it is not economical.

Sorry, didn't elaborate. Set up both WANs in failover. Disconnect the one you don't want to try. At any point if you are unhappy with the service, just plug in a cable to get the other service going again.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I seems that automatic switching is more trouble than it is worth. I need to improve the internet and still have some options for reliable service at equal or lesser cost.
Right now the internet is just becoming too slow for practical purposes. :(

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
If you are concerned about uptime and redundancy then multi-wan is what you need. If the maximum bandwidth single connection you can get is less than you need then multi-wan could also be a solution.

In various places I have multi-wan set up with dsl, cable, 4G, and ethernet.

ddrueding

Fixture
Auto switching itself isn't a lot of work. Unless you were relying on your ISP to provide everything (modem with built-in router and WiFi) and need to replicate those services.