James has been elected as the new Chairman

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Just so you know....James promised high speed (1mb+) internet access to all SF members as a part of his election campaign promise.

Feel free to contact James regarding setting up an appointment to have your cable/dsl installed. They do weekends too so don't worry if you are too busy during the week.....

C

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Oh yeah, Congrats James!

I already have cable so I'm all set. DOes that mean you will pay my monthly access fee?

Thanks!
C

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Since my apartment doesn't allow cable internet or DSL, I'll be needing a T1 pulled. I've already got the CSU/DSU and everything. Just get the line to my window and that'll be fine.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
As someone important, I want, as a minimum, an OC3 line to my basement. T1 isn't fast enough for me: I have cable and want to see an impovement.

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
being that James promised said high speed internet, i'd like to recommend that James purchase some of the MCI backbone which will undoubtedly for sale soon. yay for gratuitous bandwidth.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
That, Cliptin, is in the grand Australian tradition. Many an Australian Premier or Prime Minister has done the same in years gone by.

For example, former Prime Minister Paul Keating promised to slow up our overheated economy with "the recession we had to have", but delivered the greatest economic disaster since 1929; Victorian Premier Jeff Kennet promised medium-rare ignorance and barely concealed prejudice but delivered the ignorance still-dripping raw and the bigotry in stark full-frontal; while current Prime Minister John Howard promised bumbling incompetence, a modest commitment to honesty, and a blinkered vision, but delivered total non-performance of anything to speak of, an upgraded and much firmer commitment to cabinet dishonesty of the hand-in-till variety, and a vision for the future of this nation so blinkered that he has taken to writing his speeches in braile.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
James, congratulations on your accesion to the hot seat. I look forward to seeing a successful, harmonious, and productive term from you.

PS: In view of the eloquence of Tea's post above, it occurs to me to offer you her services as a headkicker (should they ever be required). Plain abuse, fancy, satirical, scornful or subtle: she can do them all. You know her terms: no job too big, no job too small, payment in your choice of flattery or bananas (she is equally partial to both).

James

Storage is cool
Thanks guys.

Make sure you all immediately rush out into your front yards to wait for the white and blue Cable & Wireless trucks to pull up to your respective homes. I'm sure they'll be arriving real soon now. :roll: :mrgrn:

James

Storage is cool
Actually my priorities at the moment are to enjoy the rest of my holiday (up to Wednesday). :) It'll then take me about 26 hours to fly back to Australia.

After that, I'll have a think about any inititatives to kick off with. If anyone has anything they feel strongly about, either post it here or PM me.