Light bulb of the future

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I don't often drive at night, so two headlights are enough for me. :)

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I avoid driving at night so I hope that does not happen.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I want two to drive with and two more to blind the idiots with their fog lights on all the time.

Bozo :joker:

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
A number of times I've been tempted to have some "brights" in the back, for just such an occasion.

Then I'll take 6. 4 for the front and two on the back. Wait until they are real close to you then turn them on and watch the paint melt off their cars/trucks :bglaugh:
Has anyone seen a price for these lights?

paugie

Storage is cool
Then I'll take 6. 4 for the front and two on the back. Wait until they are real close to you then turn them on and watch the paint melt off their cars/trucks
I remember one night, maybe 25 years ago when somebody did just that to us. My friend was driving and I was along for the ride, we came up to this Mitsubishi Colt and while we were deciding whether to overtake him or not, he suddenly lit this giant halogen lamp which was angled up to shine right into our eyes.

Whoah, I remember our rage, especially of my friend as we were rendered blind by the sudden burst of brilliant light. After the 30 seconds or so it took for us to again grow accustomed to the darkness of night, my friend took off in pursuit of the dolts. It was fortunate, we were in a beat up Toyota Land Cruiser which couldn't get over 100kph. We would really have run them off the road.

I don't think we did anything to deserve such treatment. Unless by virtue of us being a larger vehicle and theirs being a small one, our lights at dim would still shine into their rear view mirror and annoy them. Still, we could have died if we happened to need to negotiate a curve on the highway while still being blind.

But, yeah, I can understand being annoyed by people who insist on driving with lights at bright all the time.

Sometimes it can't be helped. I've driven vehicles (never mine 'cause I don't own one) with weak rear springs which would tilt our lights up into the oncoming vehicles. What I would do would be to shut off my lights until we passed each other.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Paugie - Dodge has these Sprinter vans. I believe they're re-badged European delivery vans from Mercedes. They have a 3-position switch for angling the headlights down in case the back of the van is so heavily loaded the rear springs are fully compressed (causing the headlights to shine up).