LOcked OUt!

LOST6200

Storage is cool
So I was locked out agin form the workro9om, due to forgetting the key. :eek: I wasted the whole eveeenging with nothign to do. @#%^!

I was rembering about 20 years ago those electrconics key pads wre poopular. Do they stuil exist? Has abnyone insatklled one in place of a standard indoor keted knob? What happensd if the battery dies or is there some failsaef? Thank s for advice.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yes, and then you have to get a loaner from Security - what a PITA.

Stereodude

Not really a
I think a keypad would be a very bad idea given your tendency to make lots of typos. You would have to spend all night trying to get in.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Odddity thre, in that The lock has two prograMMED COdes, but not user poragamble.m It shodul be good for kepeing kids anf others peiople out .

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
At least everything you have a key to doesn't have to be re-keyed. A past place made you pay for it if you lost your keys more than once, it was over $1k.

I don't work in a high security area. The data center and document control areas are off limits, but boring areas to be in anyway. Locking the computer in the heavy duty cabinet every night is enough for now.