Login timeout

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Doug, do you know how long a login "lasts" for? I ask because I'm always having to log back in again whenever my login expires - every 20 minutes or whatever it is. Same deal at SR. Would it be possible to set it to last a bit longer?

Handruin

Administrator
The timeout is set to 900 seconds (15 minutes). I can certainly increase this for everyone, consider it done!

-Doug

Handruin

Administrator
It is now set to 3600 seconds (1 hour) in your opinion is this a fair amount?

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Excellent! Damn it Doug, the service is so good around here that I vote you for webmaster!

One hour: that sounds good. It often takes me about that long to complete a post. (Given that I type with the right hand only, and have been known to post at some length from time to time, I need all the help I can get.)

Handruin

Administrator
Tannin said:
Excellent! Damn it Doug, the service is so good around here that I vote you for webmaster!

One hour: that sounds good. It often takes me about that long to complete a post. (Given that I type with the right hand only, and have been known to post at some length from time to time, I need all the help I can get.)

Well, anything else will have to be addressed after I get home from work (in about 9+ hours) :wink: See you then,

-Doug

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Tannin said:
Doug, do you know how long a login "lasts" for? I ask because I'm always having to log back in again whenever my login expires - every 20 minutes or whatever it is. Same deal at SR. Would it be possible to set it to last a bit longer?

I was going to suggest that you tick the login automatically box when you login, but then realised with your numerous aliases it could become a pain.

HellDiver

Learning Storage Performance
Pradeep said:
...but then realised with your numerous aliases it could become a pain.
I think that should read "numerous split personalities"... ;)

And yes, a longer timout might be a good idea - sometimes it takes me longer than an hour to come up with my BS too...

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Has the timeout been accidentaly reset back to 15 minutes, by any chance? We keep getting logged out.

I should really start using Opera for me and make Tannin use Explorer, or something. That way we could both log in at once. But we'd get very confused about which threads we'd read.

Handruin

Administrator
Tea said:
Has the timeout been accidentaly reset back to 15 minutes, by any chance? We keep getting logged out.

I should really start using Opera for me and make Tannin use Explorer, or something. That way we could both log in at once. But we'd get very confused about which threads we'd read.

Session length is still set to 3600 seconds, I just checked. It could be a cookie thing, that is how it is kept track of. If it continues, can you let me know what browser you are using. i can't claim to fix it, but I read around in the area51 regarding phpBB2.