Looking For Dell Hard Drive Bracket

Piyono

Storage is cool
Does anyone have an old Dell machine they could cannibalize for the HD bracket? People sell them online but they're ridiculously overpriced. This is the bracket. I'm trying to get one gratis.

Will gladly pay for shipping, though.

Piyono

Piyono

Storage is cool
What I think I may end up doing is removing one of the two optical drives and mounting the hard drive in the vacant slot using one of those 3.5" – 5.25" adapters I bought so long ago but hardly ever use.

That or foam-taping it to the chassis floor.

Tannin, by Silastic do you mean silicone adhesive/caulking/sealant?

Merc... cardboard? Like, corrugated cardboard or stiff card stock or what?

Piyono

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I usually take strips from typical brown shipping boxes. The kind that Newegg uses and is pretty much everything UPS brings me. I'm not saying it's perfect or anything, but they compress pretty well and they can stand up to having holes made in them.

Piyono

Storage is cool
I usually take strips from typical brown shipping boxes. The kind that Newegg uses and is pretty much everything UPS brings me. I'm not saying it's perfect or anything, but they compress pretty well and they can stand up to having holes made in them.
So you conform the cardboard to the dimensions dictated by the mounting method inside the chasis. Very ghetto. I like.

Piyono

Piyono

Storage is cool
Just for the record, Merc, I fashioned a bracket from stiff cardboard and it works like a charm.

Three cheers for resourcefulness!

Piyono