Mercutio - 6000 Posts

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Mercutio is only a few posts away from hitting the 6,000 milestone mark! Drinks on the house! I'll fire up the grill for some snacks too.

So, what is next, after the Hairy Aussie category?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
<checks another thread>
Ah. So I am.
Neat.

But not anything to make a big deal of at this point. Just means I don't shut up.

Why not recognize the guys who DON'T post incessantly yet still make valuable contributions here, like Jan Kivar or LiamC or CityK or e_dawg (or the others, who I am not mentioning)?

I wouldn't have so damn many posts if all you guys weren't good people to have a conversation with.

Handruin

Administrator
We'll have to come up with a 10K title soon. ;) Hairy Aussie will be yesterday's holy grail of a title.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Bloody marvellous Merc! Congrats!

What would we do without you...

Bartender, where are those drinks!
(Just got a bottle of 21years old Appleton Jamaica rum...yummy! Don't know when I'll dare to try it, damm expensive stuff.)

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Bartender,

a tiple for the hairy one, and drinks for the bar please. I'll have a Balvenie Double Wood thanks. Merc, your posts are always worth reading

ddrueding

Fixture
Congratulations Merc. Your willingness to help is almost as great as your technical knowledge. I especially appreciate your ability to maintain your presence here despite personal issues.

e_dawg

Storage Freak
Unbelievable! What luck: I finally dropped in to the P&B just in time to congratulate someone as they achieve their milestone.

Congrats, Merc!

Thanks for the kind words, BTW. I wouldn't keep dropping in if I didn't think there would be something of interest waiting for me more often than not. And let's face it: without prolific posters like yourself or T&T, SF might not have that critical mass or frequency of posts that encourages others to join the discussion (or start new ones).

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
Congrats, Merc. 6k posts seems amazing, especially as some of your posts are really long (mean as a compliment :)).

Oh, and thank You for the kind words, Mercutio. They mean a lot to me.

Cheers,

Jan

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
It seems like not long ago you hit 5000. Amazing when you consider how high your signal to noise ratio is. Just about everything you post is worth reading because it's informative, or funny, or thoughtful, or creative, or sometimes all four at the same time.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Not too long ago! That's an understatement Joe. I don't think the ink is dry from the last one.

I really don't pay attention to post counts. I was surprised when I saw the thread for Handy reaching 3K - I guess he just sneaks them in there. I was even more surprised to see the news that Merc had already broken 6K. Don't know how you guys do it. Its certainly an incredible pace considering its quality stuff were talking about.

ddrueding

Fixture
I little more than 2 years ago Merc was at 6k...now he's almost at 9k. A victim of his own success, this mark is eclipsed by his potential to be the first (by a long way) to 5 digits!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Apparently this will be 9001.
I stopped looking at the post count a while ago, fellas. I'm happier to see Tannin and Handy and P5 and ddrueding and time and i and Sol and CityK and Buck and Santilli and Clocker and Gilbo and jtr and paugie and Coug and everyone else upping theirs.

I feel like such an august posting as this should at least link to a dirty picture or something.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Apparently this will be 9001.
I stopped looking at the post count a while ago, fellas. I'm happier to see Tannin and Handy and P5 and ddrueding and time and i and Sol and CityK and Buck and Santilli and Clocker and Gilbo and jtr and paugie and Coug and everyone else upping theirs.

I feel like such an august posting as this should at least link to a dirty picture or something.

I am not at liberty to say why exactly jtr hasn't been posting in a long time, but he was at a time going to write something about that reason here. Me, I'll be lucky to hit 100 here, and I have my doubts I'll be posting to SR again, now that IMO, it's really gone down the tube/toilet over there with no new reviews and Eugene seemingly obsessed with the in utterly inconsequential forums (I think even silentpcreview is doing a better job than SR now), not even reviews of already tested HD's like the now positively ancient 1 year old Momentus 5400.3 160GB laptop drive, that you know who promised back in June was 'coming' up.

Let's see if we can't twist jtr's arm and get him back for a few posts for old times sake at least?

Umm, Merc if you get any dirty pics posted, I'll cry foul; I only linked to Sung-Hi Lee's website and that post got deleted.

In his hey day, honold was the storage posting freek ;). But as I've said before, there are countless other sites where members (not mods/Admn's where you'd expect their duties would up their post counts) rountinely hit 5k numbers, like they live on these sites 24/7, like they're on crack or meth???

Highest post count I've ever seen was this guy in college, who had an average of 60+ posts/:eek:wneddnce:day to a Smallville fan site. He had ~40k posts in just a few years, but lost something like 10k when the database crashed/older posts were accidentally deleted.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
I really hpoe Joe is OK. Perhaps illness, religions, incarcreations, or something is keeping him away.

Handruin

Administrator
I've always liked jtr's posts. Perhaps it was something I've done, but was not informed by him of my actions?

udaman, I never actually deleted your post. You happened to post at a time when we'd been getting a lot of spam accounts. So when I saw a huge post with pictures of a girl, I moved it into the moderator section ASAP. I like to keep records of these events on hand for times like this. I can skim through it and move it back after looking through all the questionable links. Honestly I didn't know your user name when you first posted so I took the evasive action prematurely.

Handruin

Administrator
FYI udaman... I looked through your post that I moved and it was a good thing I did. Several of your links to Sung Hi Lee had bare beast showing. It doesn't bother me to see this, but there should be no direct link to something like that...especially not without a warning of unsafe content. People visit SF from work (self included) and clicking on those links is not a good thing. Also, browser pre-cache URLs and even that can be bad for those who are monitored at work.

ddrueding

Fixture
I've always liked jtr's posts. Perhaps it was something I've done, but was not informed by him of my actions?

No, it isn't. He had personal problem unrelated to SF (or the internet in general for that matter), that required tending to. He is fine, and will be returning when his affairs are in order. I have been in e-mail contact with him, and know this information first-hand.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Do we need an un-moderated/not-safe forum if others want to share? It would obviously have to have some limits.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Do we need an un-moderated/not-safe forum if others want to share? It would obviously have to have some limits.

Fukc I hope no! then it wopuld beconme like teh cesspool of the SR Bar and Grile. :( It was neve rthe same after that Jason H started wigging out after 9/12 and posting like mad; after that is was all on the downholl.