Monoprice SlimRun Ethernet cables

Stereodude

Not really a
Anyone tried these? I picked up a five pack of the 3', 7', 10', and 14' CAT6A cables last week and got them today.

I'm impressed by the thinness and flexibility of them. I don't know why this sort of product is only just now coming on the market. I plan to use them to replace the standard fat Ethernet cables in a few locations where a smaller and more flexible cable will be beneficial like for my HTPC and Chromebox in my great room. They're sort of like the Ethernet equivalent of a Redmere HDMI cable except they're passive.

Handruin

Administrator
This is the first I've seen them before. I haven't looked for CAT 6 cables in some time now but this is good to know they're offered in a smaller diameter.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I think I bought something different a couple of years ago, first I've seen these. Mine was 100' of flat tape cable. If it passes certification I imagine it will work.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I've seen similar cables from another manufacturer (probably Panduit) for the past two years at least. The cable lenght is slightly slower than regular diameter cables, or at least it was for the cables I've seen (it's CAT6 for something like 270' instead of 330' IIRC). For pre-made cables, this doesn't change anything. It would be a good idea to use those to link patch panels to switches in a rack.