MSFT settlement, and the Tunny Act

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
To all concerned:

Please take the time to contact the Department of Justice concerning the actions of MSFT, and the preposed settlement.

The email address is:

microsoft.atr@usdoj.gov

I suspect that the expertise here could make a serious contribution to their decision.

Only 3000 emails have been serious, or less, concerning the subject, so your input would be valuable, and your insites as well.

Thank you all,

Gregory Santilli

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
This is where I really miss the archives from storage review

I wish I had some of Tannin's well thought out rants to post to the DOJ, concerning the direction, and results of MSFT
business practices...all gone... :cry:

gs

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Santilli said:
To all concerned:

Please take the time to contact the Department of Justice concerning the actions of MSFT, and the preposed settlement.

The email address is:

microsoft.atr@usdoj.gov

I suspect that the expertise here could make a serious contribution to their decision.

Only 3000 emails have been serious, or less, concerning the subject, so your input would be valuable, and your insites as well.

Thank you all,

Gregory Santilli

I'll ask what is the point in allowing comment from the general populous? The general populous doesn't normally have any say about justice department negociations and why should they; Court cases are not popularity polls and I would not want them to be. Further, I would suspect that few people have enough knowledge to comment about the case or the settlement because they would not have read the multi-hundred page documents that would be needed to make intelligent comments. Many many people can recount what Microsoft has done to them or others, but is any of that relevant at the remedy stage where the only issue left is what to do to Microsoft (if anything).

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Tunny act is the basis for public comment on how the citizen

feels, about the actual harm the monopoly actions have caused, I suspect.

In this case, it would give them much information about other monopoly actions, by MSFT, that they might be clueless on, and, it would give them a general feel for their current political climate.

I have not researched the Tunny Act. I guess you could check the law, and the notes on the law, to find out what the intent of the legislature is, on this act Mark.

I have to go to work, or I would look it up.

gs