Votes: 0 0.0%
  • storageforum.net

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
OK folks, we need to pick an official name for this site. What should we be?
  • Storage Forum
  • StorageForum
  • StorageForum.net
  • The Storage Forum
  • storageforum.net
Or is there some other variation that would look better? Vote early and vote often!

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
I like "The Storage Forum.Net" just like it is above on that nifty logo!

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Tea said:
Oh you horrible horrible man! How could you vote for that peversion of a fine old language? For quite possibly the one and only time in my life, I agree with Tannin.
Well I'm surprised Tea that you haven't voted then. But in view of the fact that women's suffrage is not a popular topic on this board I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at all. :D

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Tea said:
WTF?

I did @*&$# vote! I voted the same as Tannin, for "Storage Forum". Or I meant to. Who is rigging the damn ballot paper?

I wanna recount!

Hey, I live in Florida, that's my line Sister. :wink:

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Err, excuse me.

Lucky I didn't use any of that colourful language Tannin taught me in the workshop. You know, he can get quite graphically descriptive when he's working on a Hewlett-Packard. Frequent repetitions of the word "poxy" seem to indispensible to the task of computer maintenance, for some reason.

Anyway, now I've voted.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Hmmm, I voted for The Storage Forum, but flagreens idea isn't that bad. I've also gotten used to "The Storage Forum.net".... :)

Maybe that should be in the poll too?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I would have voted too for The Storage Forum.net, but since it was missing, I had to vote for the next best thing : StorageForum.net.

One side note : Tony shouldn't vote with both Tannin and Tea or else it invalidates the result (one TRUE member sends two votes). If dual vote is allowed for one member, then I'll have to create a second handle just to make sure that my opinion isn't underweighted compared to the one of some others. Same thing goes for Pradeep/DrunkenBastard, although I don't think he ever used his dual vote theoric power.

The Giver

Learning Storage Performance
CougTek said:
One side note : Tony shouldn't vote with both Tannin and Tea or else it invalidates the result (one TRUE member sends two votes). If dual vote is allowed for one member, then I'll have to create a second handle just to make sure that my opinion isn't underweighted compared to the one of some others. Same thing goes for Pradeep/DrunkenBastard, although I don't think he ever used his dual vote theoric power.

As gesture of incredible good will, and in a display of his infinite mercy, The Giver hereby grant's his proxy to Tea for purposes of this poll only. The Giver has not, and will not cast a vote himself. Despite the fact that he agrees with flag about what the name should be.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Tea wishes to extend her heartfelt thanks to the noble Giver, a fine gentleman and a fellow lover of our mother tongue.

-----------------------------

On a side issue, CougTek, note that I made quite sure I made my vote a matter of record (i.e., posted about it), so that no-one would be misled by the result, and did so only here, on this unimportant matter, not in some vital thing.

One of my reasons (aside from having a little innocent fun, I mean) was to illustrate the impossibility of a fair democracy in such a community as this. Unless someone has thought of something clever which escapes my comprehension, there is just no possible way to distribute voting rights fairly, and free of duplications. In fact the only reason that I could not (if I choose) outvote the entire forum membership by registering 60 or 80 more aliases is that some of you guys are on broadband and I am stuck on dial-up. :( You, in other words, could stuff the ballot box faster than I could. :wink: