New forum version is out...

Handruin

Administrator
Looks like there is a new forum version out right now RC 3.0. This forum isn't using it just yet, but I've setup a new area for testing it at:

http://beta.storageforum.net/phpBB2/

This version of our forum is using a copy of the database and not the main one here. If people have the chance can you post garbage on the test site and sign up new users (please note that new user activation has one small issue only because the forum is under a sub-domain. The activation link will not work unless you manually change the www to beta. Just copy and paste the link and replace the www.).

I'll set some users up as testing moderators so that we can figure this out as well. I have not implemented the style changes from the main site, but I will do so tomorrow when I have more time. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

--all post in the beta site are subject to deletion or total loss, please do not post any important data.--

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Youhoo people, I think I read :
If people have the chance can you post garbage on the test site and sign up new users...
It means we need beta testers. More than just me and Doug would be great too.

Your support is appreciated.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Sorry Doug!

I've been tied up with some rather obsessional attention to my own site this past week or two. I've not disappeared! Just gradually, bit by bit, catching up with the past three years of neglect. Latest re-writes start at www.redhill.net.au/hw-cpu-1.html and fo on for several pages from there.

I will get caught up with that in a little while, and then return to posting here with my usual boredom and wordiness. Not to mention pulling my weight in other tasks.