Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jake The Dog

• JTR1

• Total voters

James

Storage is cool
No, it's not deja vu, we're voting here for the new forum moderator to join our brave band after Time asked to be left out of the nominations. This is for an 18 month term starting on the 15th of October 2002.

Note as president I will only vote in order to split a tie. (I'm sorta making rules up as I go here, bear with me.) I would expect those nominated not to vote for themselves.

The names are in the order they were nominated.

Thanks everyone!

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
James said:
As president ... I'm sorta making rules up as I go here, bear with me.

Nice to see that you are carrying on the grand tradition, James. ;) You know, that's exactly the way I used to do it.

PS: I thought Mark was the President and you were the Chairman? Whatever. Either way you'll get no complaints from me. (Tea, of course, is a different matter. She bites, you know.)

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Tannin said:
James said:
PS: I thought Mark was the President and you were the Chairman? Whatever. Either way you'll get no complaints from me. (Tea, of course, is a different matter. She bites, you know.)

Sorry Tannin, but because of a conflict of interest, I felt that I could not run so I recluesed myself. It didn't seem right to run the election and run for the office at the same time. I'm simply in the same office I was before. James got elected as President.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Does this mean that there has been a reallocation of roles then? The Chairman's role and the President's role were both explicitly defined early this year, and they were completely seperate and distinct roles.

I should hasten to add that I'm not objecting to anything in particular here, just making the point that one of two thing seems to have happened. Either:

(a) The President's role has been abolished.

or

(b) The current Chairman doesn't know who his boss is! (Which suggests that the President's role has not been formally abolished, just so comprehensively forgotten about that might as well have been.)

Either way, it would seem courteous to inform the membership of whatever changes have taken place in SF's administration.

James

Storage is cool
Not so. I stated clearly what my objectives were as chairman at the time of my nomination. There has been no change in these.

My remark was not meant to be derogatory towards either the office of chairman or president, or indeed any other elected member or founder of SF. It was a bit flippant, I admit.

What is clear is that SF's administrative team is a very dedicated, talented group which is commited to the success of this site. As such, it requires very little management per se and my function (and Mark's function, come to that) really becomes one of being the final arbitor in discussions, a safety net if one should ever be needed - which I sincerely doubt - and occasionally a prompt to look at the strategic rather than the tactical. My role is no more important and arguably less important than others'.

That's all I meant.

Of course I maintain my current role and responsibilities, just as Mark maintains his.

James

Storage is cool
And in my original post I put "president" vs "chairman" by mistake. I seem to be making a lot lately, I think the 80 hour weeks are catching up with me.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
We send James an email once a week so he can remember his name. From there he can usually work out his login, but I think I've seen him over at SR trying to chair discussions and muttering about royal privileges.

I think his CD reviews went through the shredder after he accused Eugene of factionalism. And there was something about tablets and commandments - it's always worrying when people mix speed and programming.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Well done Jake. You will prove to be a great moderator, just like your peers. Drinks on me for a change, and I'll actually have one. :D

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
be afeared, be very afeared...

ok, so that didn't work did it?.

thanks to all who felt they could trust in my moderator skills and ethics. i'll be doing my best to do a good job and not dissapoint you. in fact, i dare say i won't have perform anything remotely close to moderator duties. you're just too nice a people aorund here!

thanks Buck & Bartender :) you can bet i'll have that drink now! my shout next round!