newegg.ca

Piyono

Storage is cool
Just launched recently.
I was very excited until I saw how much standard shipping was for 2 card readers and a CPU (like$35, no combining).

Looks to me that they're shipping to Canada from U.S. warehouses.

Disappointing in any case.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Newegg sets flat rates on shipping per item for most people.

The exception is that if someone notices that you're doing a large enough volume of business ($20k in a month, maybe?), they'll put a "reduce shipping price" flag on your account for a while.

I've received as much as 3/4 of a UPS truck full of stuff from Newegg and I had to pay full shipping price on every box in that truck.

And yes, they do put in new warehouses from time to time. I know my stuff comes from New Jersey, Tennessee or California.

Piyono

Storage is cool
A Newegg rep just told me that all Canada-bound shipments leave from a U.S. warehouse.

Says my corespondent: "We do not have any plans to establish any warehouse locations in Canada at this time".

Probably not opening any warehouses in Israel, either.

Bummer.

Good news is he offered me a one-time $25 discount for my trouble.

Sweet.

e_dawg

Storage Freak
I was all excited, but the shipping problem rears its ugly head once again. Tigerdirect.ca is similarly hampered by its high shipping rates for a supposedly Canadian site.

Gilbo

Storage is cool
I find NCIX pretty good. Closest thing to Newegg selection in Canada.

Now that I live in Ottawa, I have stuff with expensive shipping from the U.S. shipped to Ogdensburg, NY. It's about a 50 minute drive south. Starting around 30 bucks in savings, it's worth the price of the gas. If I have a relative close to there who can also pick stuff up for me.

Didn't work for Newegg though because they required an American billing address --now it might though...