Newegg Premier

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Newegg is now offering a competitor to Amazon Prime. Here's the web page for it. It's $50 for 3-day shipping, which doesn't seem all that helpful, but free returns and supposedly better service might make it worthwhile.

I'm undecided. Newegg's customer service is atrocious but I still buy from them. Last week I bought a refurbished wireless keyboard. They shipped one without the USB receiver for it, wouldn't authorize a return and would't ship the receiver (they sell them separately). They supposedly gave me a $10 credit but it hasn't shown up yet. So... thanks for the half-price worthless keyboard?

ddrueding

Fixture
I just ordered a new monster rig from Amazon, making sure that all the items were prime eligible. I didn't pay attention to who was selling the item, so long as they would ship same-day with 2-day shipping. The first box to arrive was a Newegg box. If they are already offering their products through Amazon eligible for prime, and with Amazon's customer service, I see no reason to deal with them directly.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Newegg is now offering a competitor to Amazon Prime. Here's the web page for it. It's $50 for 3-day shipping, which doesn't seem all that helpful, but free returns and supposedly better service might make it worthwhile.

I'm undecided. Newegg's customer service is atrocious but I still buy from them. Last week I bought a refurbished wireless keyboard. They shipped one without the USB receiver for it, wouldn't authorize a return and would't ship the receiver (they sell them separately). They supposedly gave me a $10 credit but it hasn't shown up yet. So... thanks for the half-price worthless keyboard?

What is the issue with the Newegg CS? Does the free return apply to products with no return or only waive the 15% when returns are allowed?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If you look, they say Premier users will get free returns and zero restocking fees. At the moment, Newegg only covers shipping on some minority of orders. They almost always tell customers to take it up with manufacturers and I've been told that I'd be charged restocking for clearly clearly defective items. Which is the kind of crap that got me to switch to Amazon in the first place.

I've never bought any electronics from Amazon that were shipped from Newegg. dd, are you sure you didn't just get someone's re-used box?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
If you have an Amex card you can use it to register for a free, non expiring Shoprunner account and get Free 2 day shipping on lots of Newegg items. You don't even need to use the Amex card to pay, it just needs to be the default initial payment selection. IIRC, it includes free returns too but not 100% sure on that.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I signed up for the free Shoprunner thinking that it might make Newegg more competitive with Amazon. It doesn't. Especially now that Amazon has set up here in California, and I get some items in one day and Sunday Prime deliveries.

Amazon customer service has always been better, even when dealing with third-party sellers. Newegg seems to have lost the plot.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Agree Amazon is better but if they don't have what you want in stock and Newegg does, every little bit helps.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
If that situation ever came up, I suppose that might matter.

The only reason I ever buy from Newegg is price. And their competitors have been doing a pretty good job of matching them on that.