[NEWS] - The end of MBM

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
January 21st 1998 the Internet saw the 1st version of MBM v. 1.0

Juli 6th 2004, about 7.5 years later the MBM development comes to a stop

Yes you read it right, after thinking about it for several weeks I have decided to stop development on MBM. Over the years many (if not all) clones appeared that tried to do what MBM did. Some succeeded others did not. Some I feel where technically and user wise better then MBM but with an average of 6000 hits a day and coverage on almost every PC magazine in the world it still seems to be the most popular monitoring tool around. And it is better to stop at your peak :)

I will keep answering the forum and mail for a few weeks, this page will be up and running for as long as livewiredev decides.

-Alex
Submitted by Jan Kivar

News source

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
I liked the original GUI but stopped using it when they went to the larger version a few years back. But it was very helpful back before the mobo manufacturers began supplying their own monitoring utilities. In fact as I recall it was the only windows compatible monitoring utility out there for quite some time.

Bookmage

What is this storage?
Website
www.bookmage.net
how sad...
MBM was one of the essentials to an OCer

It was like, immediately installed after the OS...

Alas, all good things come to an end...
too bad the clones don't...

A toast to old times, of OCing to reach that 1Ghz and the beginning of the modding craze.

Cheers

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
I use Hardware Sensors Monitor Pro. Nice simple interface, small size and generally neater than MBM. Ever since that came out a few years ago, I stopped using MBM which ended up bloated and full of useless features IMO.