Nice! Now where's the dam' red carpet!?

HellDiver

Learning Storage Performance
Hello there, people! As is apparent from this post - I have landed. Thanks to one kind SR member for letting me in on this place.

One thing though - as I received the link neither from Handruin nor from Tony's Redhill redirection page, if I'm not welcome here it'd be very nice of you to notify me somehow (email?) instead of quietly deleting the account, as I really won't know whether it's a phpBB problem or... Well, personality problem, so to speak... :wink:

Nice to see ya all folks!

P.S. Regardles of whether you decide to "keep" me or not, here's a suggestion for you Handruin : try remapping some of the "Emoticons" to things like ";)" etc., it's much more natural for some people to slap a ";)" combo rather than to go clicking on the smilie or trying to remember the :whatever: keywords. (Especially to people who started getting online when the only means of communicating were BBSes with 80x25 frontends... :wink:). Not sure if this can be changed in settings or whether it requires a hack...

P.P.S. (After previewing the post) <cough> Do the smilies work at all?!?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Sorry if things seem a little cryptic, Helldriver. Hopefully as you read what you can on this site, you'll get some idea of what's going on, but you certainly are welcome here.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Helldiver! Cool! :)

Good to see you here, and already making yourself useful with suggestions. Yes, you are indeed welcome here. In a little while I'm going to write up an introduction and background thread, no doubt with my usual dedication to never using a hundred words when a thousand words would almost do, but I'll risk spoiling the drama of my narrative by saying that you were originally supposed to be in on this right from the very start, but no-one knew how to email you.

Cruise around and enjoy!

PS: the :] smilie works just fine to make :) - you just have to un-tick "disable smilies" or edit your profile.

Handruin

Administrator
HellDiver said:
Hello there, people! As is apparent from this post - I have landed. Thanks to one kind SR member for letting me in on this place.

One thing though - as I received the link neither from Handruin nor from Tony's Redhill redirection page, if I'm not welcome here it'd be very nice of you to notify me somehow (email?) instead of quietly deleting the account, as I really won't know whether it's a phpBB problem or... Well, personality problem, so to speak... :wink:

Nice to see ya all folks!

P.S. Regardles of whether you decide to "keep" me or not, here's a suggestion for you Handruin : try remapping some of the "Emoticons" to things like ";)" etc., it's much more natural for some people to slap a ";)" combo rather than to go clicking on the smilie or trying to remember the :whatever: keywords. (Especially to people who started getting online when the only means of communicating were BBSes with 80x25 frontends... :wink:). Not sure if this can be changed in settings or whether it requires a hack...

P.P.S. (After previewing the post) <cough> Do the smilies work at all?!?

As everyone else has said...welcome. You are more then welcome here. You were not left out for any reason, it's just that there are so many great SR members, it's hard to keep track. <cough Tannin...cough> :wink: (he'll explain) The smilies do not work for you because they are most certainly turned off in your profile (I checked it out) I did not change anything as it is up to you. I do have to make mention of a goof up I made. When I converted to this forum from version 1.4.4 the smilies didn't all function correctly. I accidentally removed the credentials for the right hand arrow leaving so that a space would generate this character to be displayed. let me tell you, I wigged out. Every post had a right arrow filling every space between words...I should have screen captured it. :p

Anyway...welcome to this creation. If things do not work out for SR...here is a landing pad.

-Doug

HellDiver

Testing... Testing... ;) :D :) :roll: :eek:

<preview>

God, I feel like an idiot... I did skim the radioboxes at the bottom of the profile, even changed a couple, but I guess I somehow missed the smilies thing... Sorry, Handruin...

Well, nice to know that there's a fallback position for SR forums - frankly this is more important to me than the reviews themselves, though I'll surely miss them... Something must be done about the reviews within approx a year-year and a half (timeframe for my next upgrading season ;) )...

BTW, when does the NDA expire? 28th? ;)

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Nice to see it happen to someone else. :wink:

Three months after that, HD. The way things have happened, a lot of the Storage Forum organisational discussion has taken place in the password-protected SR confidential area, but the vast majority of it is not relevant to the NDA, and there is no particular reason it should not be made public. Tannin is working on a precis of it right now and will post it later today. (It's lunchtime over here in Oz, and a damn fine day too.)

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
The red carpet is now in the bar & grill...
maybe where this post should have been?
I appreciate the personal invite!
Now back to perusing the posts...

HellDiver

3 month after that?!? Knock my socks off!

Remind me to thoroughly question you folks once it does expire - I always wanted to know who shot JFK, rigged Challanger, gave Clinton a blowjob (besides Monica, that is), and a bunch of other interesting things - and if secrecy is any indication, I think that'll be my opportunity to get answers to this kind of questions!

;)

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Well, Tannin might be bound by the non-disclosure agreement, but I'm not!

Alas, Helldiver, there is little to delight you with. There is a small amount about SR's business affairs - which, essentially, boils down to "not sure yet but trying X, Y and Z" - and a whole stack of "has anyone got Adcadet's email address, I seem to have lost it" and "that's a bloody horrible color, Doug, change it right away", and "someone find Flagreen's glasses for chrisake, we'll never get anywhere if we have to read everything in 28 point Times".

By the way, what's a blowjob?

HellDiver

Ask Tannin. He ought to know - he seems cool enough d00d to get some of those (well, at least when he was a bit younger, I suppose, before becoming the boring old fart he is today! ;) )...