OneNote? Windows Live Essentials? 2011Anyone tried it? Comments?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I'm wondering if anyone has used OneNote, Windows Live Essentials 2011, and the MSFT skydrive. How it's worked?

It appears Essentials is free, and it gives you a movie editor and photo editor? Sounds too good to be true.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Essentials is just the freebie apps they used to throw in with Home Versions of Windows for free. It's nothing special. SkyDrive is a cloud storage implementation. OneNote can be useful, depending on your workflow. If you find yourself needing to make free-form notes a lot, it's great. If you can get away with having a good set of bookmarks and have some other way to deal with scraps of information, it's not that interesting.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I use Windows Live Mail. It handles all my e-mail accounts. It works. Never had any issues with it.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
They basically pulled all the rich client apps out of Windows when 7 was released because relatively few people actually use that stuff. OEMs put all of it back in on their consumer-class machines by preloading Live Essentials, but it's handy to not have extra crap by default if you maintain your own system images.

There's nothing wrong with Live Mail except that I don't particular care for its data storage format. It's a nice, responsive IMAP client, though.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I was looking at OneNote, and used it in school for awhile. Only problem is I noticed something about after 500 entries on the cloud it wasn't free anymore?

Anything on this?
Wouldn't like to get used to using it on my phone and stuff, and then have to pay for it.

Handruin

Administrator
I use OneNote at work for projects. The notebook is saved on a corporate shared drive and the team connects to it for a large shared repo of data. The corp drive is backed up and protected for us making it easier. I've been using it for years and it serves a purpose much like Mercutio pointed out for free form note taking. We don't use the cloud drive option so I can't comment on that.