Opera & Storage Forum

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Something I have noticed with different versions of Opera is that all of the topics on the forum are centered instead of left-justified as they are with Gecko based browsers and IE. It is very annoying to read through the forums when everything is centered. Is it that the HTML of our Forum has not defined whether or not the text should be aligned one way or the other? Is Opera the odd apple out of the bunch and defaults text alignment to centered unless otherwise specified? Strange.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
That's my main gripe with Opera and the main reason why I never use it. Well, that and the fact that it's not free without ads.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Nope. It applies to the Voreor skin too (and I assumme, all the others), but it's specific to Opera 7. Opera 6 is OK. Opera 7 has some weirdness in the way it interprets CSS. I remember investigating it a while back, but forget the details. Something to do with the content of a div being centred instead of just the div itself, as I recall.

I love Opera 6, but although I bought Opera 7 I practically never use it. It's broken. The interface sucks. Why couldn't they just leave a damn-near perfect user interface (i.e., Opera 6) alone and simply update the rendering code?

Sigh.

We still use Opera 6 a lot, but the bizare and over-complex Opera 7 interface sees to it that it doesn't get used. Not to mention that they still haven't got the rendering engine right.

Thank god for Mozilla.