Photography forum

Would you like to have a Photography forum added (be it a main or sub forum)?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Maybe it's time for a photography forum. There are three active photography threads at the moment, and each of them seems to have some fairly lively discussion.

Handruin

Administrator
I am for it if more people are interested. I'll add a poll to this thread and then we can decide if it'll be a main forum or sub forum (likely sub forum).

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I am not a fan of too many different fora, it makes it hard to see what's new. Hell, given our relatively low traffic, you could just have one big forum for everything and you could still visit once a week and see all the new posts on one page.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I am not a fan of too many different fora, it makes it hard to see what's new. Hell, given our relatively low traffic, you could just have one big forum for everything and you could still visit once a week and see all the new posts on one page.

There are advantages and disadvantages to every decision. One advantage is it makes searching for old posts easier. Another advantage is that if someone has no interest in a certain topic they no longer need to check the new posts in that forum. A disadvantage is it now takes more clicks to see every new topic, but I'm fine with that.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Having three or four threads on one topic doesn't seem to me to be sufficient grounds to warrant another forum. Sub-forum maybe, but even then it doesn't seem worthwhile. As Tannin says there's little enough traffic here that one can easily avoid photography threads.