Pvt Msgs

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Can somebody please tell me the difference between "Sentbox" and "Outbox"? On and after Dec. 31, I've sent two PMs, both of which are sitting in my Outbox instead of the Sentbox. I'm beginning to suspect the recipients haven't gotten them yet. In the past, sent messages went straight to the "Sentbox".

Handruin

Administrator
I'll have to check, but maybe the message stays in the outbox until the person reads it? Once they read it, it'll be in your sent box? But I would have thought they should be in both at the same time.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
As far as I can tell, a private message first hits the Outbox, and stays there until the receiver logs in. When they log in, the message moves from the Senders Outbox to their Sentbox.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
It is my observation that the message remains in the composer's Outbox until they logout. Once the Composer logs off the forum, the message is actually sent, and when the composer log's in again, they will notice that the message is now in their Sentbox.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
CityK said:
It is my observation that the message remains in the composer's Outbox until they logout. Once the Composer logs off the forum, the message is actually sent, and when the composer log's in again, they will notice that the message is now in their Sentbox.

I still have a PM in my Outbox for PW. The reason it is still there is that he has never logged onto this forum since before I sent the message. Additionally, it is not in my Sentbox.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
CityK said:
I have cookies enabled in Firefox for SF, so I'm always "logged-in" when I visit.

Well, last night I logged out, and logged back in this morning. Didn't do a thing. My messages are still in the outbox. I think Buck is right.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Buck said:
As far as I can tell, a private message first hits the Outbox, and stays there until the receiver logs in. When they log in, the message moves from the Senders Outbox to their Sentbox.
Bingo! (I'm confirming that this is what happened).

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
mubs said:
I think Buck is right.
It would seem he is.

<Private Message> But he's certifiably crazy too, so it all evens out.....Good thing this is a private message, else I think the Bartender would show me to the door </Private Message>

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
CityK said:
<Private Message> But he's certifiably crazy too, so it all evens out.....Good thing this is a private message, else I think the Bartender would show me to the door </Private Message>

I wholeheartedly agree, he is crazy; and if anyone should be shown the door, it should be Buck.