Quality/Value System

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
For the small amount those extra features cost I decided to opt for them since this system should be in service for a long time. The fans got pretty good reviews and were less expensive in a 4 pack compared to other single bigger name fans. I only need one low cfm fan....open to suggestions ..

Thanks for your feedback.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
It looks pretty good for a basic system, but the Samsungs have been spotty lately.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
All hard drive brands have been spotty lately. At least for the 1TB and up models. From my own personal experience, the Hibachi were above average, reliability wise. Seagate's were the worst. I did not buy enough Samsung's to formulate a judgement.

As the other two wrote, it looks good, but the motherboard seems a bit overpriced. I own the Asus P8H61-I Adcadet linked and while it's not anything exceptional, it's ok for a basic system, which your parents' system will be.

Kudos for opting for a reasonable power supply. Opting for a 500W unit would have been futile.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks for your feedback guys. I decided to stick with the configuration as-is. I have built this one before and I really liked it. There are cheaper alternatives for the motherboard but I feel the Intel piece may be of better quality and I like the standard ATX form factor. Seriously thought about upping the RAM but just realized my 4-year old system has the same amount (4GB) and I am not wanting for any more so I'm sure my parents will be fine with that.