Question about StorageForum’s Rules of Conduct

Handruin

Administrator
Just wondering if I should place these in the area where a user signs up for an account? For example, click on the register button and notice the default statement. Is this something that should belong on this page? If not, sould I add a separate link on the top header for "rules"?

Just looking for feedback,

-Doug

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Yes they should be on the registration page. Acknowledgement that one has read, understands, and agrees to abide by the rules should made mandatory for registration.

Handruin

Administrator
Tannin said:
I had always thought that the registration page was the reason we wrote the rules in the first place.

I was a wee bit confused as I'm sure you can see. I thought it was to be set as an announcement in the feedback section. :?: But I slowly put 2 and 2 together and thought, hey the whole point is for users to agree...so I figured I would ask to be certain.

Sorry for the confusion...

ugh. .. :erm:

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Sorry, I was unclear in my expression, Doug. I didn't mean "that's why we wrote the rules, you dummie!", I meant "oh, it hadn't occuirred to me that there might be other reasons - I'm a dummie!" (And a double dummie that I didn't check up that everybody else had made the same assumption. That is the really dangerous thing about assumptions. We humans walk around on the lake of experience held up by the ice of shared assumption - and then one day ... splash!)