Receiving the FAx?

LOST6200

Storage is cool
How can I receive a faxf thorugh the computer? Teh hardware is compatible since I sent oyutward biound faxes in the past. OS is Win200.

I need to do this tonignth if possible!

Thanks

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Then how did you send your previous fax: A fax machine? The answer is still the same: Tell your fax machine to answer the phone.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Thanks Merc. the receive boxing was unchaecked. I will see if that works.

faxes are used prior to hardcopy for approvaals. I'ts too diffuclyut to get everyone to agree on electronic signatures of variuos types and then expecte the validated systems between companeis to mange them for leagl purpsoses. there are alos some seucrity of risks of a scan inthe uncontrolled e-mail not worht dealing with for some of the kleine oder 1-time venords.

This is fopr personally stuff, but the same concetp. Some of the older peoples over 80 don;t want to use teh (encrypted) e-mails or scanner.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Fax still has a lot of uses. For starters, spam isn't a major problem with it. There are never format compatibility problems. No Microsoft software f*kcups either. Etc etc. I seem to remember Tanhin posting at length on this.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
For starters, spam isn't a major problem with it.

Oh?
If I go look at the dozen or so faxed pages sitting on the fax machine down the hall I see...

Carribean Vacation Offer
Surplus Office Equipment sale
Drugs from Canada
Another vacation offer
Florida Timeshare Condominiums
Weekly Specials from Local Restaurant
Ad for a new photocopy machine
$69 comprehensive healthcare
Another vacation offer

And Junk Faxes ARE illegal in the USA.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
That's 'cause you have crap laws in the US.

Err ... in view of your last line, make that crap law enforcement in the US. Dunno why - it's not as if junk faxes are hard to trace. Mind you, I get one a day, on average. Too lazy to complain to the ... er ... too lazy to look up the name of the body that enforces the law in this area. I have complained to them in the past, and with apparent success.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Oh?
If I go look at the dozen or so faxed pages sitting on the fax machine down the hall I see...

Carribean Vacation Offer
Surplus Office Equipment sale
Drugs from Canada
Another vacation offer
Florida Timeshare Condominiums
Weekly Specials from Local Restaurant
Ad for a new photocopy machine
$69 comprehensive healthcare
Another vacation offer

And Junk Faxes ARE illegal in the USA.

Don't forget the hot stock picks. :p