Replacement for PeerBlock?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
Now that Peerblock seems dead, what are you using, you Pirates?
GS

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I don't do peer to peer anymore. Newshosting.com is what I use. $9.95 per month with unliimited usage. Max's out my connection every time I use it.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Problem is my internet provider charges over 300 gigs, and we regularly go over 400 during basketball season.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm on Comcast. They had a 250GB limit in my area but it was 'suspended' a while ago. So you might want to double check your provider's rules. Btw, anyone can get Comcast 'Business Class' for a slight premium and they have no data caps.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Clockers on the right track, news is where it's at. All the new stuff usually goes there first. News groups got a little attention on the news a year or so ago but they are mostly ignored except for people really in the know.

Clocker: What do you use for a client?

Comcast both suspended their caps and raised them to 300gb in the neighborhoods/cities where they did start enforcing them again. I thought it would be an issue but I have yet to go significantly past half that. Somehow in September I did 154gb but october and november were only 45 and 32. I was sure they were going to keep the data cap hard and maybe ratchet it down to force out netflix/amazon but it seems like they had enough push back to temporarily lift it. Now they are focusing on certain cities to see what they can get away with I guess.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I use the client provided by newshosting.com. Allow me to just type in what I'm looking for and it finds it and all parts in the appropriate group for me...downloads, repairs, extracts, and then deletes all the parts on it's own. Seems pretty good but I have no experience using anything else lately. I've been ramping up my usage...

USAGE.JPG

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
SABnzbd is the client I use. I'm using TweakNews as my provider now, they don't respond to DMCA requests as quickly as the American providers.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I was under the impression that USENET is 'safe' from a DMCA perspective. Is there something to watch out for? I only download stuff, no uploading.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Must've missed this when it was new.

Anyway, I've been using PrivateInternetAccess.com for few weeks. Unlike BTguard, where I almost never saw torrents transferring at over 200kb/sec, I am actually sustaining almost 4MB/sec in aggregate downloads right now.
It's painless to switch the location of your VPN end point, which means that I can watch streaming BBC content or torrent as if from Sweden.